This was Andrew's last meeting until he's back from Virginia on July 20. Andrew has talked to some lab members about planning a presentation for the SIMSSA workshop on July 28 (weekend after IAML)
Ich wants a brief progress report from everyone in the lab about what they've been working on. Jason is to collate these from everyone by the next meeting and send to Ich.
- Saining: Met with Matt Milner again about text datamining stuff. Has been working through extraction demos with different software.
- Jason: Working on score following. Follower now works with audio being supplied through line-in. Also been reading content for background chapter for dissertation.
- Hannah: Refactored figured bass extractor to allow for easier future alteration. Extractor works with small scores (a few bars); next task is to make it work with longer scores. Been working towards CRIC workshop next week.
- Gabriel: Working on staff-line detection and removal for Salzinnes. Applying Liber pitch recognition techniques to Salzinnes. Away from next week.
- Anton: Been working on the queue system for Rodan. Making wrapper functions around functionality present in Gamera - despeckling, staff finding, binarisation, etc.
- Catherine: Liaising with Ashley for hand-over of Music21/Hadoop/MrJob helper library for Elvis analysis.
- Greg: Adding new Neon features: add & remove dots, add, remove, and move divisions, move clefs and update pitches. Working on a partial rewrite of pitch drawing code to handle multiple clefs per system.
- Andrew: Submitted paper to Theory & Practise of Digital Libraries conference. Working with Richard Friedman.
- Alastair: Finishing software for thesis experiment, finished first rough draft of Chapter 4, planning to get to Ich by the end of the week. Been doing some high-level Rodan management + planning.